Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Computer back -

So, this morning, literally almost less than 24 hours after I sent it off, my computer was back, and in working order again. That's the good news -- the bad news is, I was unable to recover any of the data that had been stored on the other hard drive. :-( That was a hard lesson to learn - I think I lost about 150 pages of typed notes... which I was none to happy about... as well as having lost months of journals entries. For those of you who have never had a hard-drive crash without a back up, I hope it never happens to you, but rest assured you'll want to back things up just in case!

My losses are, thus far:

150 pages of notes from class, plus essays...
A couple thousand photos... only a few of which I was able to put online, as some sort of back up.
Journal entries since April of 2007.
Financial records and spread-sheet calculators
Dozens of other items of sentimental and intellectual value to me.

In short, life goes on - you can't let silly stuff like this drag you down - the best you can do is keep moving forward, so - Hakuna Matata... I'm not going to let it bug me!

2 comments:

Quinn said...

I'll say it again, you're way more patient than I would be in your situation. Perhaps I do have more of an accumulation of data and detritus, but nonetheless I admire your cool in the face of such an unfortunate disaster. You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Er, I mean ... Alan. ;-)

Quinn said...

I'll say it again, you're way more patient than I would be in your situation. Perhaps I do have more of an accumulation of data and detritus, but nonetheless I admire your cool in the face of such an unfortunate disaster. You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Er, I mean ... Alan. ;-)